Girls’ Hifz School
At the Girls’ Hifzul Qur’ān School (GHQS) Canada, we provide a nurturing environment for young girls to immerse themselves in the recitation, memorization and understanding of the Holy Qur’ān. Our students will develop a strong bond with the Holy Word, learn and improve valuable skills such as time management and memorization. They will also enjoy the company of their peers and form lasting friendships. Here, students will join a 3-year program that will lead to the title of Ḥāfiẓa-Al-Qur’ān and will receive a completion certificate.
This page will guide you through the steps to apply for admission. You will learn about the criteria for eligibility, the application process, and the programs offered at GHQS.
To be eligible for admission to the GHQS, your child must meet the following criteria:
- Must have basic Nazirah
- Must be in grades 4 to 6. Grade 3 must be completed
- Must be technologically adept. We will be using Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Meet, Google Classroom, etc.) for Ontario curriculum classes & correspondence.
To apply for Girls’ Hifzul Qur’ān School, you will need to observe these steps:
- Fill and submit the Application Form for your child. *Please note: The deadline to apply for the new academic year is April 30th.
- Submit these documents along with the Application Form:
- A copy of their last report card from school
- Government issued ID (Health Cards are not accepted)
- A copy of any awards they have received (optional)
- Upon receiving these documents, you will be given the interview syllabus and a date for the interview. The interview syllabus will contain the surahs that must be memorized before the interview. Students will be given 6-8 weeks to complete their memorization.
- On the interview day, the assigned surahs from the syllabus will be tested with basic Nazirah. A small verse will be assigned for memorization during the interview. Parents/Guardians will fill and submit the Interview Questionnaire. Results will be emailed within a week after the interview.
- Upon the success of the interview, an admission letter will be sent out.**
- This letter will include the student’s personal ‘Aisha Academy email account and all future correspondence will be completed through this.
- They will then be added in Google Classroom for their Ontario curriculum classes.
** If the interview has not been deemed successful, with the consent of the parent(s) your daughter will be placed in GHQS on a 1-3 month probation where her progress and skills will be monitored. Please be aware that successful completion of the probationary period is a requirement for continued enrollment. If the standards of performance and conduct expected during this period are not met, it may unfortunately lead to discontinuation of the enrollment at GHQS.
There is no fee associated with the regular Hifz Program or the short Hifz courses at GHQS.
Life at GHQS
GHQS offers a three-year program for students in grades 4 to 6, covering the essential subjects that are required for public school integration just to provide support to the students but to prepare them for integration into the public school system at the end of Hifz is the responsibility of the parents.
To accommodate the busy schedule of our students, curriculum classes are held every Saturday. These classes are as a support to help ensure that students do not fall behind and have an easier integrating into the mainstream educational system. Our curriculum classes include the following subjects:
- Social Studies
Ayesha Scholarship for students of GHQS
Under the special blessed guidance from Hazrat Khalīfatul Masīḥ Vaa, in 2019, Majlis Ansarullah Canada has launched a scholarship scheme for outstanding students across Canada.
Ayesha Scholarship: Each year One Scholarship of $500.00 for the Ḥāfiẓa for taking the least amount of time to memorize the Holy Qur’ān.
GHQS is undergoing many improvements and enhancements that will benefit our children in their learning journey. We hope that these initiatives will help them achieve their goals and aspirations, with Allah’s blessings and guidance.
- Brainy Bees Program
- Fitness & Nutrition Program
- Counseling and emotional support
- Healthy lifestyle workshops for students and parents
- Monthly one to one session with mothers
Students at GHQS will:
- Learn word-to-word translation of selected verses of the Holy Qur’ān for developing deeper understanding of the Holy Book that they are memorizing
- 2 trips per year
- Eid milan parties
- Daily healthy snacks
- Daily outdoor or indoor activities for mental and physical health
- Friday sermons
Admissions for the Hifz Program are open only in the month of April and interviews will be held at the end of June.
We encourage you to apply for your child and would love to have them as a part of our community.
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to request the application forms, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to assist you in any way we can.
We are excited to share that Girls’ Hifzul Qur’ān School Canada is now offering short evening courses for young girls, aged 7 to 15! These courses are open to all girls who are interested in learning and memorizing different parts of the Holy Qur’ān and selected prayers. These short courses present a great opportunity to prepare for the Hifz Program if your child wishes to join it in the future. Your child does not need to be enrolled in the regular Hifz Program to participate in these short courses. Stay tuned for updates on new courses. Below are the courses that are currently available. Please check out the schedule below.
Journey to Juz ‘Amma
In this course, students will be engaged in the memorization of the last part of the Holy Qur’ān with a focus on the correct recitation (tarteel) to enable them to recite from memory with excellence and precision. Each semester will cover memorization of half of a section, completing the entire last part over two semesters.
Course Code: SC- HQLM
Offered in semesters: 1, 2
Hifz Al Qaseeda
This course has been designed for the students to undertake the memorization of Arabic Qaseeda over the span of a single semester. Al Qaseeda, a eulogy composed in honour of the Holy Prophetsaw by The Promised Messiahas holds significant reverence. Regarding this composition, he stated:“This Qaseeda has been accepted by Allah, and Allah has informed me that whoever memorizes this Qaseeda and repeats it constantly, such a person’s heart would be granted a deep love for me and for Prophet Muhammadsaw and I will reward him with nearness to me”(Commentary of Al-Qasida)
Course Code: SC-HQ
Offered in semester(s): 1
In this course, students will learn and memorize selected excerpts from the Holy Qur’ān, encompassing verses recited by Hazrat Khalīfatul Masīḥ Vaa during congregational prayers. Students will achieve proficiency in reciting these verses from memory, enabling them to recite them in Salaat.
Course Code: SC-SS
Offered in semesters: 1
This course is designed to facilitate students in memorizing various prayers along with their English translations. Students will explore the historical background, relevance, and etiquette of each prayer. The course will foster cognitive development; enhancing memory, intelligence, and resilience, by engaging them in regular Zikr-e-Ilahi, or remembrance of Allah. Upon completion of this course, students will have a profound understanding and heightened appreciation of the significance and benefits of prayer in their lives.
Course Code: SC-HA
Offered in semester(s): 1
Admissions for the short courses of GHQS are open in May for the fall semester, and November for the winter semester. Please refer to the schedule below to see short course offerings.
GHQS Evening Short Course Schedule
Evening Classes Only
|Journey to Juz ‘Amma-A
|These courses have two sections available for your flexibility. Please choose one section for one course.
|Journey to Juz ‘Amma-B
|Hifz Al Qaseeda – A
|Hifz Al Qaseeda – B
|Salaat Secrets – A
|Salaat Secrets – B
|Hifz Al-Ad’iya – A
|Hifz Al-Ad’iya – B